Dr. Fred Pescatore, NY Times Best Selling Author of the Hamptons Diet, Gives You the Ultimate Nutritional Secrets to Looking Good and Feeling Great!
PHYSICIANS and CHEFS say:
“GET AN OIL CHANGE with MacNut™ Oil”
- Richest oil in health-promoting monounsaturated fats (84%!…olive oil 72%)
- Boosts metabolism as much as 10% when substituted for saturated fats. The primary oil recommended by best-selling The Hamptons Diet (Fred Pescatore, MD)
- Zero Trans Fats
- Low in saturated fat (lower than olive oil)
- Zero Carbs
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Ideal 1:1 ratio of anti-inflammatory Omega 3 to pro-inflammatory Omega 6 fatty acids – see below, this is a critical health factor
- Unrefined process does not use heat or chemical solvents
- Hypo-allergenic – not related to tree nuts such as pecans or walnuts
- Recommended by other famous health authors such as Anne Louise Gittleman, CNS; Michael Murray, ND; Jack Challem; Sherry Rogers, MD and Marcia Zimmerman, CN.
- Visit the MacNut™ Oil website for more details
- Quantum leap in flavor, color and aroma over refined macadamia nut oils like Hawaiian brands
- When served cold, lends a lightly nutty flavor
- Adds a buttery richness when used in cooking
- Improves any recipe that calls for oil
- Enhances the flavor of other ingredients without masking their flavor
- Lovely aroma sets a gourmet mood even before the first bite
EASY TO USE
- High smoke point (410º F) makes it excellent for stir-frying, grilling and baking (compare to olive oil that burns at 325º F)
- Its light smooth texture does not get heavy even when used generously
- MacNut™ Oil is versatile – delicate enough to be used with fish, light enough for breakfast dishes such as eggs and pancakes, tasty enough for salad dressings, slightly sweet for killer desserts, yet strong enough for frying and savory ingredients
- Viscosity suitable for emulsifying great sauces, remoulades and mayonnaise
- Stable without refrigeration for years if unopened and kept in a cool dark location
Research shows these benefits of monounsaturated fat:
- Cardiovascular effects
- Lowers LDL cholesterol
- Improves insulin-resistance
- Lowers total cholesterol
- Reduces inflammation
- Raises HDL cholesterol
- Promotes bile secretion
- Reduces the risk of metabolic disorders, such as diabetes
- Is associated with lowering the risk of some cancers such as breast cancer
- Helps cell membranes filter more effectively by better incorporating Omega 3’s
The importance of balancing pro-inflammatory Omega 6 to anti-inflammatory Omega 3 fats
Our hunter-gather ancestors ate an equal balance (1:1 ratio) of pro-inflammatory Omega 6 to anti-inflammatory Omega 3. However, junk food, excessive vegetable oil use and the practice of feeding grain to food animals (even to fish), have raised the US consumption of Omega 6 to Omega 3 to a scary 20:1 ratio-an obvious reason there are 175 million Americans who suffer from heart disease, arthritis, asthma and allergies. MacNut™ Oil has the historic ideal 1:1 ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 fatty acids. An unfavorable comparison is grape seed oil that contains up to 74% Omega 6, no Omega 3 and a mere 17% monounsaturated fat.
Did you know?
It is a surprise to most consumers that macadamias are not native to Hawaii. MacNut™ Oil obtains its oil from countries that have the ideal climates and soil. Unlike most oil brands, MacNut™ takes care to avoid the heat, chemicals and bleaches that destroy the oil’s natural flavor, color, aroma and surely damage the health properties.
MacNut™ Oil is an exciting gourmet and health breakthrough that is changing the way chefs and physicians think about oil.
Visit the MacNut™ Oil website for more details
TOP 10 TIPS FOR LOOKING GOOD AND FEELING GREAT
-THE HAMPTONS WAY-
NY Times Bestselling Author Dr. Fred Pescatore Shares his TIPS about The Hamptons Diet and The Hamptons Diet Cookbook
By Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA
“The Hamptons Diet concept is to make balanced moderation sexy.” –The Hamptons Diet Cookbook
The Hamptons Diet is a Mediterranean style diet that’s simple and healthy. It’s not carrot sticks and celery; it’s decadent, simple, healthy foods!
1. Cook with macadamia nut oil, it’s healthy and it doesn’t burn! (Check out macnutoil.com).
2. Never use canola oil; it was never tested on human beings!
3. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS read the ingredients on the package. A label may read “whole wheat bread,” but in fact it may only be “brown white bread.” If it doesn’t say “whole” on the ingredient list, you’re not getting whole wheat bread. READ THE INGREDIENT LIST, NOT THE FRONT OF THE PACKAGE!!
4. Shop the perimeter of the store; this is where you’ll find healthier foods!
5. See Dr. Fred Pescatore’s Food Pyramids—“The Protein Pyramid,” “The Carbohydrate (Vegetable) Pyramid,” The Carbohydrate (Grain) Pyramid,” “The Fruit Pyramid,” and “The Fat and Oil Pyramid.” Copy it, shrink it, laminate it, and carry it with you; so you can shop healthy!
6. Stay away from sugar!
7. Stay away from white carbohydrates; pretzels, white bread, and pasta!
8. Some fruits are very high in sugar; bananas being one of them.
9. Learn of new way of cooking-The Hamptons Diet Cookbook is filled with quick, easy, healthy recipes!
10. Most recipes can be made in less than 30 minutes!!! Healthy and fast, try it!!
“Buckwheat Crepes with Mascarpone and Strawberries,” “Pork Tenderloin with Cream Sauce,” “Crisp Garden Salad with Herbs, Cherry Tomatoes, and Olives,” and “Chocolate Cream Pie!” -this definitely doesn’t sound “diet” to me!! For a complete list of recipes, check out Dr. Fred Pescatore’s, The Hamptons Diet!!!!
For more info and awesome recipes go to hamptonsdiet.com!!!
Fred Pescatore, MD, is a traditionally trained physician practicing nutritional medicine. Dr. Pescatore is the author of the New York Times best selling book, The Hamptons Diet. This lifestyle program focuses on the use of foods of high nutritional quality, does not exclude any food groups, and unravels the mystery of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. A former Associate Medical Director at the Atkins Center for five years, Dr. Fred’s other titles include, Thin For Good, The Allergy and Asthma Cure and the number 1 best-selling children’s health book, Feed Your Kids Well.
Major television reporters, radio hosts and print journalists call upon him to be the medical expert on nutrition. He has been featured on such shows as, Health in 30 Radio Show with Barbara Ficarra on WRCR, The View, The Today Show, Deborah Norville, The O’Reilly Factor, and Extra. Recent interviews include Washington Post, InStyle, US magazine, First for Women, Women’s Health and Fitness, Let’s Live, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Women’s World and more.
Dr. Pescatore lectures across America, and the world; and is actively involved in clinical research. He is the author of numerous papers and magazine articles. Dr. Fred is a consultant for many firms and is instrumental in developing and clinical testing many of the leading nutritional products. He is the President of the AHCC Research Association, President of the International and American Association of Clinical Nutritionists, member of the National Association of Medical Communicators.