An Integrative Approach to Allergies and Asthma by Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA of Health in 30™
Fred Pescatore, MD is a traditionally trained physician practicing nutritional medicine, his book The Allergy and Asthma Cure, is a complete 8-Step Nutritional Program. Dr. Pescatore is a traditional trained physician who practices with an integrative approach.
Integrative medicine is a modern form of medicine, its traditional medical training; combined with an alternative, complimentary, or integrative approach. It’s using all the healing arts for patients to get well.
Allergies and asthma can come from toxins, stress and poor diets.
FIVE TIPS TO HELP KEEP YOUR SYMPTOMS AT BAY:
- Identify what’s causing your allergies and asthma. At first, be your own detective. Is it the shampoo, the dust, the detergent; is it spring or fall?
- Have a blood test done that can detect over 100 food sensitivities. The ALCAT test can detect not only food sensitivities, but it can detect sensitivities to food colorings, dyes, preservatives and additives. For more information on the ALCAT test call 1-800-872-5228. Also available is the finger test that detects 20 different food sensitivities.
- Inflammation can lead to many illnesses. By eating certain foods, you can keep the body’s inflammation at bay. Check out The Allergy and Asthma Cure by Fred Pescatore, MD, it’s a complete 8-Step Nutritional Program. It lists all the foods you can and can’t eat, it gives you recipes and complete meal plans. You need to change the way you eat. Eat protein, nuts, seeds, vegetables etc. Here’s a great tip: use macadamia nut oil when you cook, it doesn’t burn! Use olive oil for cold foods. Omega 6 fatty acids are very inflammatory. Don’t eat yeast or anything that rises such as vinegar, and don’t eat fermented foods. Dr. Pescatore says to get rid of the sugar and the yeast. Here’s another tip, there’s sugar in iodized salt, yes, that’s right, there’s no typo here!
- If it says high fructose corn syrup, don’t eat it. It’s not healthy; it’s just a cheap ingredient to use. Many kids have a sensitivity to corn and they don’t know it…get rid of the corn, and their allergy symptoms may be gone.
- Don’t drink fruit juices, have an apple or orange instead!
For more information, contact Dr. Pescatore at piimdocs.com.