Engaging Women in Public Health through Social MediaTuesday, September 24, 2013 10:01
By Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA
It’s Social Media Week and I’m thrilled to be invited to participate in a Google + Hangout event hosted by Danya International Inc. to talk about “Engaging Women in Public Health Through Social Media (#W4PH),” Please join us today, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. ET.
Google + Hangout
This Google Hangout will include a panel of women who are recognized as public health and social media experts/influencers to share best practices and experiences in engaging and empowering women in public health issues through social media. I’m honored to be part of this discussion.
Social Media Week is a worldwide event exploring the social, cultural and economic impact of social media. The mission is to help people and organizations connect through collaboration, learning and the sharing of ideas and information. For the past five years, Social Media Week has become a platform and a community that has grown to more than 100k members in 26 cities around the world.
The session will be moderated by Erin Edgerton Norvell, Danya’s Senior Director for Health Communications and Marketing, and panelists will include:
- Rebecca Aguiliar—Bilingual Emmy-award winning reporter and social media coach
- Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA—HealthIn30.com founder, health educator, and Huffington Post contributor
- Dr. Sandra Ford—Director of the Dekalb County Board of Health (Georgia)
- Michele Late—American Public Health Association Executive Editor, The Nation’s Health
- Pam Moore—Expert in Google+, Facebook, and social business marketing
- Patricia Redsicker—Healthcare writer and content marketing expert
- Elin Silveous—Entrepreneur and advocate in health and social media, especially with seniors and women
Social Media Week: Engaging Women in Public Health through Social Media
If you would like to ask a question before the Hangout on Air event, just use the #W4PH hashtag to post here or tweet http://ow.ly/oPpTh
I hope you can join us. Thank you for your valuable time.