List of 20 Excellent Social Media Networking ResourcesMonday, September 26, 2011 20:47
By Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA
Social media networking is in its infancy which causes hesitation for some doctors, nurses, other health care professionals and organizations.
Social media networking is not just for marketing and product placement. It’s a place to champion your cause, raise awareness of health issues and help educate patients and health care consumers with accurate and trustworthy information.
It allows health care professionals and organizations to connect and engage with the community and their colleagues.
Social media networking has changed the landscape of health care today.
There are many informative resources to help navigate the social media networking maze. Below are some very informative resources to help guide you.
20 Excellent Social Media Networking Resources for Health Professionals
- AMA Policy: Professionalism in the Use of Social Media
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) The Health Communicator’s Social Media Toolkit
- Cleveland Clinic Social Media Policy
- David Harlow, Esq. – HealthBlawg
- Deloitte – Social Networks in Health Care: Communication, collaboration and insights
- Healthin30/Social Media | Social Networking
- Found in Cache – Hospital Social Network List – Ed Bennett
- IBM Social Computing Guidelines
- Intel Social Media Guidelines
- Kaiser Permanente Social Media Policy
- Lee Aase
- Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media
- New AMA Policy Helps Guide Physicians’ Use of Social Media
- Pew Internet & American Life Project, August 26, 2011
- Social Media Governance
- Social Media Today
- Web 2 0 Governance Policies and Best Practices
[Follow the #hcsm on Twitter for an assortment of valuable health care social media information.]
What resources do you use to help you navigate social media networking? We would love to hear from you.
As always, thank you for your time.