As an active medical professional and a veteran in working with media, Barbara Ficarra is a popular speaker at conferences, workshops and professional meetings. With her accessible manner and deep professional background, she is equally adept at addressing medical professionals, communications staff and the general public.
To discuss a future speaking engagement with Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA click here.
Upcoming presentations by Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA:
PIAA-Medical Liability and Medical Indemnity International Conference
Speaker-Presentation – “Social Media: Friend or Foe in 21st Century Medicine” (Barbara’s presentation focuses on the pros and cons of social media networking for health care providers and organizations.)
Panel: Moderator: Dr. Hartley S. Stern, CEO, CMPA
Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA, founder Healthin30.com, award-winning broadcast journalist, writer – The Huffington Post, consultant
Jane O’Brien, former Head of Standards & Ethics, General Medical Council (GMC)
Chad P. Brouillard, Esq., Foster & Eldridge, LLP
Past presentations by Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA:
Women’s Health Conversations Conference
Pittsburgh, PA – September 12, 2013
Speaker – Presentation Title – “Consumer Engagement: How Social Media and Digital Technology are Changing Health Care” – This presentation will encourage consumers to take charge of their health.
HIMSS Southern California – Annual Health Information Technology Conference “Healthcare Consumerism: Why Should You Care” – California Endowment Center for Healthy Communities
Los Angeles, CA – Los Angeles Conference Center – April 10, 2013
Moderator/Speaking: “Social Media in Healthcare: Promoting Patient Empowerment and Engagement, Healthcare Value, and Patient Centered Care”
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA)
Phoenix, Arizona – March 21-23, 2013
Moderator: “Patient Empowered Care Physician and Clinician Panel”
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
East Hanover, New Jersey – February 7, 2013
Presentation: “Social Media is Changing the Landscape in Health Care – Social Health and Medicine”
Ivey Global Health Care Conference – Measuring What Matters: Cost vs. Value – November 27-28, 2012
Metro Toronto Convention Centre Toronto, ON Canada
Panel Session: Needs, Wants and Values in Health Care: The Public Perspective – the panel will provide insights on what the public values when it comes to their health care and the system.
Moderator: Mr. Neil Fraser, President, Medtronic of Canada Ltd. & Regional Vice President – Canada, Medtronic Inc.
Mr. Jeffrey Simpson, National Affairs Columnist, Globe and Mail
Ms. Barbara Ficarra, Founder, Healthin30
Mr. Bruce Wallace, Editor, Policy Options Magazine (IRPP)
Dr. Marla Shapiro, Medical Contributor to CTV’s Canada AM and Medical Consultant for CTV News
Barbara’s presentation will focus on patient-centric health care and the patient experience. Title: Patient-Centerd Care: Empathy, Communication and Collaboration for Better Health
e-Patient Connections 2012 – September 24-25, 2012
September 24, 2012
Presentation Title: Let the Games Begin! Using Gamification as a Tool to Engage e-Patients Effectively
Can Health Care Providers Afford to Ignore Social Media?
Social Media: Are you engaged or do you ignore it?
Moderator-1 Hour Webinar
Power of Facebook and Mobile Technology to Help Drive Behavior Change
Moderator – 1 Hour Webinar
Blogworld and New Media Expo Offer Social Health Track –Scholarship awarded by Johnson & Johnson to moderate panel
Los Angeles, CA
Presentation Title: “Physicians Engaging Online in Social Health”
The Socialization of Breast Cancer
Moderator – 1 Hour Webinar
Health+Tech Next Generation Conference
San Francisco, California
Presentation Title: Role of Social Media – Healthcare 140 Characters or Less
e-Patient Connections Conference
Presentation Title: Social Networking: A Critical Link to Engage Patients and Health Care Professionals:
Through the popular Pecha Kucha format, 20 slides in exactly 6 minutes and 40 seconds long; I will explain how patients engagement with social networking gives them a voice and helps them take actionable steps in improving their health, and at the same time, how it allows health care professionals to engage in real-time with health care consumers to foster positive interactions.
Eyeforpharma Conference Customer Centric
Presentation Title: “Empower patients to take charge of their health care.” – Discover the best practices in patient engagement through social networking.
- “Patient Empowerment: Engaging Our Patients to Take Charge of Their Health.” – Keynote speaker at the NY City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene on October 5, 2010 in New York City – Bureau of Tuberculosis Control. [Speaking Event at NY City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene – Patient Empowerment.]
- “The Rise of the e-Patient and Implications of Social Media Health Care Content” – Medical Communications Conference, Atlanta, Georgia – August 2010 – Barbara and Matthew Holt, TheHealthCareBlog are scheduled to present. [Update: August 11, 2010 – The 30th Annual Medical Communications Conference has been recently canceled.]
- Engage and Educate the Health Consumer through Social Media.
- Learn how to engage health consumers through blogs, twitter and facebook.
- Step out of your comfort zone and explore new insights and technology.
Additional presentations by Barbara Ficarra, RN, BSN, MPA
- “Experts Speak Out, Listeners Speak Up,“ Nursing Spectrum conference, New York City
- “Using Our Voice,” Critical Care Nurses Association meeting, New Jersey
- “Nurses in the Media,” HUMC, New Jersey
- “Healthcare Professionals Together for You,”™ keynote at the Marriott Glenpointe Hotel, Teaneck, New Jersey
- “Have you Heard About Health in 30?” Hudson Valley Chapter (HVC) of the American Society of Ophthalmic Registered Nurses (ASORN), New York
- “Professional Development: In the Media and Behind the Microphone,” keynote speaker, NPACE Primary Care Conference, Boston